Last month (yes, this post is wa-aaaay overdue) I’ve had an amazing opportunity – after years of watching CreativeLive classes online (I think I’ve started sometime in 2010 or 2011) – I actually got a chance to be one of the students in Beate Chelette class ” Turn Your Talent Into a Business in 12 Steps”
It was partly surreal experience. I got to:
– Meet people I’ve seen on the Computer screen
– See the CreativeLive premises – I have to say this is a great place to work at!!!
– Had a great opportunity to see how some things are done behind the scenes – how many cameras are involved and sound engineers.
– Enjoyed the friendly energy, yummy lunches and fun parties after days of filming.
The class – Turn your Passion into Business in 12 Steps” was:
* Intense – packed with info on legal issues, financing, ideas, mission statement marketing and much-much more. We were learning for about 5 hours a day – in the studio at 8 am and filming between 9am and 4pm with a 45 min lunch
* Scary at times – personally I’m not used to the cameras, being on stage and having a center seat
Lessons learned (other than what was covered in class):
– I need to work on facial expressions (I make a lot of *faces while listening)
– It would be good to work on public speaking … because of the nature of my day job, and lack of friends, I don’t have much experience talking, saying more than 2 sentences and conveying my ideas clearly. A lot to learn here!
– As I suspected – I am introvert. I was exhausted after day one (experience was great, but I felt like all my energy was *sucked out). And completely empty by the end of the workshop
– I am not embarrassed by my accent… it sounds strange to hear myself talk but its’ not as bad as I thought it will be 🙂
Overall – I have to say – I would Love to be a part of the CreativiLive company, visit classes every week and learn-learn-learn
It was great Experience! Thank you Beate, CreativeLive team and my fellow students (Jen, Connie, Barbara, Mary and Janice)